(Saskatoon, February 1st, 2017) – Superior Cabinets is proud to announce that its innovative Fusion Finishes on MDF have been selected as the winner for the Best of KBIS – People’s Choice Award in the kitchen category. The People’s Choice was comprised of the top ten selections, 5 from kitchen and 5 from bath, based on eighty-nine entrants that were up for the coveted title of Best of KBIS.
Public voting for the Best of KBIS – People’s Choice Award ran online from January 23rd – 31st, 2017. “This is such an honour to have been selected as the Best of KBIS – People’s Choice winner,” said Scott Hodson, President & CEO of Superior Cabinets. “We know our Fusion Finishes are one of a kind, but to be nominated and voted on by our industry peers and community truly validates that we have created something special here.” Superior Cabinets has seen significant growth with its Fusion Finishes line of cabinets on MDF and it has quickly become the top selling product offering at Superior Cabinets.
Superior Cabinets launched their award-winning innovative handcrafted MDF Fusion Finishes line to the US market at the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Orlando, Florida which was held January 10th – 12th, 2017. The product, which was launched in 2010, was developed out of necessity as the cabinetry market shifted its focus to wood alternative cabinets. “We were looking for an alternative to Thermofoil to accommodate the ever-growing multi-unit segment of the business,” said Adam Taman, Business Development Manager of Superior Cabinets. “The team started to experiment with stain on Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), and the results were nothing short of phenomenal.” Adapting their portfolio to serve the ever changing needs of the market has been pivotal to Superior’s success over their 35 year history.
The Story of Fusion Finishes on MDF:
- INDUSTRY CRASH: The 2008 Global Recession put significant pressure on the kitchen cabinet industry and Superior’s sales dropped 29% in a matter of months.
- MARKET SHIFT: As homes became smaller, the average spend on kitchen cabinets decreased and the manufactures responded with promoting Wood Alternative Cabinets including Thermofoil.
- THE IDEA: The team at Superior Cabinets was adamant that they could create a handcrafted product in-house that competed in the same price category as wood alternative cabinets. The team experimented with staining Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) and then applying several rounds of hand chalking until it was perfect.
- FUSION FINISHES LAUNCH: In 2010 Fusion Finishes on MDF were launched to stores and dealers.
- INNOVATION AWARD: In 2013 Fusion Finishes won the ABEX award for Innovation.
- SALES GROWTH: Sales continue to rapidly grow, with 50% of Superior’s sales being their Fusion Finishes on MDF.
- LAUNCHED IN US MARKET: Superior Cabinets launched Fusion to the US market at the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in January 2017.
- WINNER BEST OF KBIS – PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: Voted and selected by the people, Superior Cabinets was presented with this prestigious recognition on February 1st, 2017.
Superior Cabinets continues to innovate and develop their color offering within their Fusion Finishes line. To serve market demand, they are now expanding their sales footprint by creating a network of sales representatives in new markets.
About Superior Cabinets
Superior Cabinets in operation since 1980, is one of Western Canada’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of frameless kitchens with a long-held and well-earned reputation for fine quality products, outstanding customer service and dedication to employee success. Superior sells through their retail stores in Saskatoon, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton, as well as through a network of 75 dealers, with significant room to grow, leveraging their 55,000 sq.ft. cabinet production facility based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: (306) 667-6655